How to Treat Cradle Cap With Our Simple Guide
How to treat Cradle Cap – the formal term for this condition is called infantile seborrheic dermatitis .
It is a non-infectious condition that causes crusty or oily patches on a baby’s scalp.
It is very common in newborns.
Cradle Cap Is Not Just Restricted To The Scalp
Infantile seborrheic dermatitis can be found on top of the head or around a baby’s ears, eyebrows or eyelids.
The patches can also be found in the armpits and other creases, such as the groin.
Symptoms May Include:
- Mild redness
- Skin flakes that look like dandruff
- Oily or dry skin covered with flaky white or yellow/brown scales
- Patches of scaling or thick crusts on the scalp
Possible Causes of Cradle Cap:
Doctors are not certain what causes cradle cap.
Its onset may have different origins.
The patches could also be fungal infections.
Doctors also theorize that certain maternal hormones passed from mother to child could cause an overproduction of oil (sebum) in the oil glands and hair follicles.
How to Treat Cradle Cap
- On a daily basis, gently massage the scalp or other affected area to loosen the flakes.
- Choose an organic, gentle shampoo to thoroughly remove any flakes. Wash every two to three days. Do not overwash; the skin may respond by creating even more oil.
- After shampooing, apply a gentle moisturizer to your baby’s scalp. Apply the lotion while the scalp is still damp and warm to help contain the moisture. This can prevent the scalp from becoming dry and scaly. It will also decrease any dryness that your baby already has.
- Always look for products MADE WITHOUT the ingredients known to aggravate sensitive skin and eczema. Only choose organic and natural plant-derived performers that are sensitive skin safe.
Top Parenting How To Resources Guides;
- [HOW TO] Help Your Infant With Simple Cold Remedies
- [HOW TO] Quickly Identify Infant Reflux Symptoms + Simple Remedies
- [How To] Easily Help Treat Cradle Cap
- [HOW TO] Help With Baby Gas Relief
- [HOW TO] Sample Baby Products For Free
- Benefits Of Shea Butter For Infants, Babies & Mothers
Trending Now Must Read[otw-bm-list id=”1″]
How To Treat Cradle Cap Resources;
 Mayo Clinic; Patient Care & Health Information, Diseases & Conditions, Cradle Cap.